logo

Museum house “Grand duke Nickolay Nickolaevich”

The house of Ivan Stoykov - Troyanchanina was built in the period of 1862-1865. In 1877 the Russian emperor, the commander-in-chief of the Danubean Russian army, the Romanian prince and eminent Russian commanders stayed there. From 26th October to 10th December the Russian head-quarters were there. A lot of important military conferences took place in that house in the presence of Count N.Ignatiev, General Obruchev, General Milljutin, General Totleben, and General Gurko. Very important strategic decisions about the course of the war - about the blockade of Pleven, about the winter passing over the Balkan range, the project of the treaty of peace were taken there. The house was bought by the War ministry and turned into a museum in the period of 1904-1907.

The display depicts the activity of the Head quarters of the Russian army while the commander-in-chief Prince Nickolay Nickolaevich and the Emperor Alexander II were in Pordim. That was the period from 26th October till 15th December 1877. In the hall special attention has been paid to the participation of the Russian artillery in the war.

Opening times:

8.00 - 12.00    13.30 - 17.00

Closed: Saturday and Sunday

No charge for admission

Lecture - free

Tel. 064/ 834 558; 06513/21-06 - Pordim

The museum house “Grand duke Nickolay Nickolaevich”
The museum house “Grand duke Nickolay Nickolaevich”
Part of the museum exhibition
Part of the museum exhibition
Artillery hall
Artillery hall