logo

Съобщение

Във връзка със Заповед № РД 10-281/10.03.2020 на Кмета на Община Плевен се преустановява приемането на посетители в Панорама "Плевенска епопея 1877 г." и останалите обекти на РВИМ-Плевен до второ нареждане!
Skobelev Park - museum

In 1898 the town council considered the condition of the monuments from the War of Liberation. Steps were offered to restore the monuments and to keep the bones of the Russian and Romanian warriors who had died in the battles at Pleven. At the same time the Association of the Bulgarian combatants and volunteers made a special committee which had to take care of the already existing monuments and to make new ones to express the gratitude of the Bulgarian people to the Russian people and to Emperor Alexander II.

The state institution and the whole Bulgarian people gave support to that initiative. Ground to the south of the town, on the former battlefield where there already were a few Russian monuments, was granted in order to build a memorial park after the name of general M.D.Skobelev.

The work began in 1905. Artillery batteries were built, a little pond was made, and the redoubt “Issa agha” was rebuilt, an ossuary for the bones of the dead soldiers was built.

The inauguration of Skobelev Park, the museum house “Tsar Liberator Alexander II” and the chapel mausoleum “St. George Victor” took place on 3rd September 1907 in the presence of Royal guests from Russia, the Bulgarian head of state Royal Prince Ferdinand I, ministers, deputies and a lot of citizens.

The War Ministry built a house which became a museum of general Skobelev. The chairman of the committee “Tsar Liberator Alexander II” - Stoyan Zaimov - a revolutionary, an exile, a writer of memoirs and a socially active person used to live and work in that house. 


No charge for admission

Tel. 064/830 251


 


A common grave
A common grave
A battery of Russian 24-pound guns
A battery of Russian 24-pound guns
A common grave of the perished officers from the 5th Kalushky and 6th Libavsky infantry regiments
A common grave of the perished officers from the 5th Kalushky and 6th Libavsky infantry regiments